Friday, February 23, 2007

Describe someone close to you. What do you admire most about this person?

The person I have always looked up to and admire so much is my brother Carlos.My admiration up to him started on hid 15Th birthday when my parents decided it's was time for him to go work in the fields and help out pay the bills.Since that day my brother had to go to school on weekdays and on weakens he would go to work 10 hour a day.
After two years my brother got tired of that and went to go look for a better job he applied almost everywhere in Willows, when he got a called from McDonald's. He was so happy he went to his interview came home and gave us the news that he had got the job.
My parents were old fashion style they always told my brother and I that the guy was made to go to work and the woman was made to stay home and cook for the family. But my brother and I though different because we would see how the people would live here in the United States and my parents try to raise us like they were raise in Mexico.
After I graduated from High School he told me to continue going to college and get a career because working in the fields was just not a thing her would ever like me to end up at.But I didn't go to college I got married had a baby and well I had a good job but they were just lazy people working their and he kept on telling me to study and go back to school, so I did I came back and thanks to him I'm trying to get my cosmetology license.
My brother still today his working at McDonald's and is manager now. He is studying for a PE teacher. Ever since he was in school he was into sports and PE teacher has become a thing for him. His a wrestling coach for the middle school in Corning and he loves it.Him and his friends have also made up a DJ group that's were he gets to pay his school.My brother has told me that in spring break he is going to marry the woman of his life.I'm so happy for both I now Amanda(his girlfriend) has waited for so long for my brother to propose to her and he finally did on Christmas day. I wish them the best and well I have to go 100% to school and put all my effort to pass all my classes.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

I like what you have to say about your brother. I have two brother and they mean the word to me. They have really worked hard for everthing they have. Ive learnrd so much from them.

rhea said...

That's cool that you and your brother are close. I like the fact that he supports you going to school. That's good that your are breaking the cycle of woman being in the kitchen and men having to go to work. Even though it's nice to know how to cook it's nice to be doing what you love and getting paid to do it.