Sunday, March 18, 2007

My favorite memory from my childhood is....

I would probably have to say when I turned 15Th because us Mexicans when a girl turns 15TH we get a big party like a wedding kind of thing but its called a Quincenera.A week before my Quincenera my aunt and two of my cousins came from Mexico and stayed at our house.Then a day before my relatives came from Oregon, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles,San Jose,Vaiselia,and Las Vegas.We tried to fit as many people in our home as we could and the rest had to rent a hotel.On the big day everything was so crazy because all us girls went to the salon to get either our hair, make-up,or our nails.When we got back from the salon the house was all up side down because my uncles were just watching T.V. instead of watching the kids.But we just went straight to get dress.So we just left the house all messy.My aunts all took turns using the bathroom to take the kids a shower and to get them ready.The church started at 2:00pm and the reception started at 4:00pm.After church we left to the hall and we all started to dance.
That day I meet my first boyfriend and well since in Mexico all the girls can't have boyfriends till after their 15Th B-Day.That day he went and talked to my mom and my mom was cool she said to take care and to go and have fun.So we did we danced all night and then about 1:30am we were sitting down waiting trying to get some air we were so tiered.At 2:00am the party was going to be over.But before the party ended my boyfriend went up to the stage and he dedicated me a song and he called me up to dance with him.That was the last song we dance and then the party was over.I will never forget that big day, even though I didn't end up married to my boyfriend back then.What do you think????

2 comments:

Daniel said...

I think that sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for explaining this cultural tradition. It is something that I didn't know much about.

midly said...

"wow," that sounds fun... I wish in our cultural we get to do the same thing. You must had alot of fun back then...